Scottish country dance is open to all ages! As a young person, you are welcome at any class. You can find a list of all Scottish dance branches for different cities and countries on the RSCDS Group Finder page. Each branch has a list of classes on its website. If you’re just getting started, look for a “Beginner’s” class.
This section lists classes that are specifically meant for students and other young people. We encourage young dancers to attend these classes in addition to other classes in their area! Many open-age classes have strong youth attendance, especially in major cities.
Young adult classes
- Cambridge University, Strathspey and Reel Club
- Dundee University, Scottish Country Dance Society
- Edinburgh University, New Scotland Dance Society
- London Branch, 20s & 30s Social Dancing
- Oxford University, Scottish Dance Society
- St Andrews University, Celtic Society
- Toronto Branch, Classes for Young Adults
- Delaware Valley Branch, Bryn Mawr College & Haverford College
- Delaware Valley Branch, Swarthmore College (paused)
- Hamilton College (NY), Scottish Country Dancing
- Sacramento Branch, Placerville Youth Class
- San Francisco Branch, Berkeley Youth Class
- San Francisco Branch, Lafayette Youth Class
- San Francisco Branch, Livermore/Pleasanton Youth Class
Scottish country dance is taught in many schools around Scotland. Outside of Scotland, many RSCDS branches host children’s classes.
- Madison Branch, Family Class
- San Francisco Branch, Santa Rosa Youth and Family Class
- San Francisco Branch, South Bay Youth Class
- Arizona, Scottish Country Dance Lessons